Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development Urges Members of the Public to Observe and Cooperate with Restrictions
The Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development urges members of the public, particularly Tobagonians, to observe and cooperate with the restrictions on mass gatherings (no more than ten (10) persons.) The aim of this restriction is to ensure that persons practice social distancing, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In the Tobago landscape, restrictions on mass gatherings will include, but not be limited to, harvest festivals, fisherman festivals, bars, dining at restaurants, weddings, church services, wakes and funeral receptions (repass).
The public is also advised to restrict Inter-Island travel unless absolutely necessary. Such unavoidable cases for Inter-Island travel include medical reasons, family emergencies or business.
Persons are encouraged to utilize technology as much as possible, which provides the opportunity for persons to still conduct activities without breaching the restriction of no mass gatherings. Video conferencing / chat services such as Zoom and Skype can be used to conduct large group meetings remotely. Additionally, social media live stream services such as Facebook Live can be used to involve many persons remotely in gatherings such as church services, weddings and funerals.
Members of the public are reminded of the simple, personal protective measures to fight against COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow, or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Practice social distancing (keep a minimum of 3 feet away from persons).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (door handles, telephones, cell phones etc.)
For more information contact:
Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development
(868) 639-3395 Ext 47111 / 47112